Mount Bigelow – covered in towers and encircled by a dirt road – is not the most attractive destination in the Santa Catalina Mountains… But ignore the buildings and this short hike offers a nice short climb, trees, flowers (in the right season), connections to several other trails and several nice views!
- Out and Back
- 1.9 miles
- 600' Elevation Gain
- 600' Elevation Loss
- Highest Elevation: 8,535'
- Lowest Elevation: 7,950'
- Fee: No
- Dogs: Yes
- Bikes: Yes
- 33.4 miles from Speedway and Campbell
- 1 hour and 5 minutes from Speedway and Campbell
- Vehicle Access: Paved Roads/Passenger Car (Mountain Road - be careful of weather conditions!)
Driving Directions from the Speedway and Campbell intersection in Tucson - Bigelow Trailhead:
- Drive East on Speedway (5.0 miles)
- Left on Wilmot and continue on Tanque Verde (4.3 miles)
- Left on Catalina Highway (24 miles)
- Signs will help you locate the trailhead on the up-mountain side of the highway.