Driving Time and Distance
- Driving Time from Speedway/Campbell: 35 Minutes
- Driving Distance from Speedway/Campbell: 14.6 miles
- Vehicle Access: Paved Roads/Passenger Car
- Fee: No
Trails and Trailheads
- At This Trailhead: La Milagrosa Trail, Agua Caliente Trail
- Nearby Trailheads and Parking: Milepost 0, Agua Caliente Hill South Trailhead
- Restrooms: No
- Water: No
- The parking for this trailhead is off the side of the road on Suzenu south of it's intersection with Horsehead Road. The only sign hinting that this is a trailhead is a small 'Private Easement' sign - but this parking area/easement is well known and frequently used.
- Signs indicate "No Parking 9pm to 5am".
- The first part of any hike from this trailhead is to walk east, thru the gate, along Horsehead Road for approximately 0.6 miles - motor vehicle access to this section of Horsehead road is open only to residents and their guests.
- East on Speedway (5.0 miles)
- Left on Wilmot and continue on Tanque Verde (4.3 miles)
- Left on Catalina Highway (3.7 miles)
- Right on Snyder (1.3 miles)
- Left on Avenida De Suzenu (0.3 miles)
- The parking is the dirt shoulder on the side of Suzenu south of Horsehead Road.
The Avenida de Suzenu Trailhead does not have any signage with the name of the trailhead - this Private Easement sign is one of the few details that hints that this is a well known parking area/trailhead. December 2014.
Driving Directions - Map
All Trailheads - Map
- 2017/8/4 – The Pima County Trailheads page no longer lists this location – in an email they indicated that it is not listed because it is just an off-the-pavement parking area (maybe better called an access point) without any current or planned facilities but they also indicated that they are very interested in keeping this access open and available to the public. An very easy/quick way to contact the department about any issues is by using the ‘Send Department Feedback’ button on the Pima County Website.
- 2017/7/28 – Img Srcset update, Removed a broken link