Driving Time and Distance from Tucson
- 27 Minutes from Speedway and Campbell
- 14.4 miles from Speedway and Campbell
- Miles up Highway: 0.5 miles
- Side of the Highway: Up-mountain
- Vehicle Access: Paved Roads/Passenger Car
Fees and Services
- Fee: No
- Restrooms: No
- Water: No
There are no official trails at Hairpin Turn – while hikers will occasionally use this for off-trail access into the Soldier Canyon it is more frequently used by climbers accessing the Hairpin Turn Area.
Driving Directions from the Speedway and Campbell intersection in Tucson - Hairpin Turn:
- Drive East on Speedway (5.0 miles)
- Left on Wilmot and continue on Tanque Verde (4.3 miles)
- Left on Catalina Highway (5.1 miles)
- The parking area is on the up-mountain side of the Highway. A brown 'Parking Pullout' sign marks the area on the up-mountain side of the highway.