- Area: Santa Catalina Mountains - Lower Highway Hikes
- Google Map Coordinates: 32.31149600 -110.74248300
Driving Time and Distance
- Driving Time from Speedway/Campbell: 27 Minutes
- Driving Distance from Speedway/Campbell: 14.4 miles
- Miles up Highway: 0.5 miles
- Side of the Highway: Up-mountain
- Vehicle Access: Paved Roads/Passenger Car
- Fee: No
Trails and Trailheads
- At This Trailhead: off-trail access to Soldier Canyon.
- Nearby Trailheads and Parking: Down-mountain Milepost 0, Up-mountain Soldier Trail Trailhead
- Restrooms: No
- Water: No
There are no official trails at Hairpin Turn – while hikers will occasionally use this for off-trail access into the Soldier Canyon it is more frequently used by climbers accessing the Hairpin Turn Area.
- Drive East on Speedway (5.0 miles)
- Left on Wilmot and continue on Tanque Verde (4.3 miles)
- Left on Catalina Highway (5.1 miles)
- The parking area is on the up-mountain side of the Highway. A brown 'Parking Pullout' sign marks the area on the up-mountain side of the highway.
Driving Directions - Map
All Trailheads - Map
- 2017/8/4 – Img Srcset update, add All Trailheads Map