Driving Time and Distance
- 1 hour and 10 minutes from Speedway and Campbell
- 24.5 miles from Speedway and Campbell
- Vehicle Access: The Coronado National Forest Website describes Redington Road as "suitable for passenger vehicles in all but the worst weather" - while that may be technically accurate Redington Road is a rough ride in a standard passenger car, the Saguaro National Park description may be more helpful: "While the gravel portion of Redington Road does not require 4-wheel-drive, high clearance is recommended as it is not regularly maintained and is usually in poor condition" (6/26/2016).
Fees and Services
- Fee: No
- Restrooms: Yes
- Water: No
- This trailhead is focused on off-road vehicles, but with a restroom, two shade structures, plenty of parking and access to a number of different dirt roads it is an interesting destination even if you are not interested in off-road vehicles/adventures.
- North on Campbell Avenue (1.0 mile)
- Right on Grant Road (5.6 miles)
- Left on Tanque Verde Road - Tanque Verde becomes Redington Road, after several miles the the pavement ends - the Staging Area is signed and on the left (the Restroom and Shade Structures are visible from Redington Road) (18.1 miles)
Driving Directions - Map
All Trailheads - Map
- 2017/8/14 – Img Srcset update, All Trailheads Map added