Driving Time and Distance
- 1 hour and 20 minutes from Speedway and Campbell
- 27.0 miles from Speedway and Campbell
- Vehicle Access: The Coronado National Forest Website says "suitable for passenger vehicles in all but the worst weather" - while that may be technically accurate Redington Road is a rough ride in a standard passenger car, the Saguaro National Park description may be more helpful: "While the gravel portion of Redington Road does not require 4-wheel-drive, high clearance is recommended as it is not regularly maintained and is usually in poor condition" (6/26/2016).
Fees and Services
- Fee: No
- Restrooms: No (The closest restroom is at the Redington Pass Backcountry Touring Staging Area)
- Water: No
- If you are hiking the Italian Spring Trail/Arizona Trail and have a High Clearance 4wd vehicle it is possible to drive FR 37 south (which leaves Redington Road from the same pull thru as the Italian Spring Trail) and park closer to the Rincon Moutain Wilderness.
- North on Campbell Avenue (1.0 mile)
- Right on Grant Road (5.6 miles)
- Left on Tanque Verde Road - Tanque Verde becomes Redington Road, after several miles the the pavement ends. Look for the green mile markers along the road, the Italian Spring Trailhead is on the right after Mile Marker 12 (20.6 miles)
Driving Directions - Map
All Trailheads - Map
- 2017/8/13 – Img Srcset, All Trailheads map, new Bellota Trail pictures of the start of the trail before and after the 2017 Burro Fire, link to Burro Fire