The Brush Corral Shortcut Trail #21A connects the Green Mountain Trail to the Upper Brush Corral Trail. Many years ago this might have been a useful shortcut to the Brush Corral Trail – but today it is probably most notable as a way to make a fantastic loop using the Green Mountain Trail, Upper Brush Corral Trail and Brush Corral Shortcut Trail.
- Hike Type: Point to Point
- Hiking Distance: 0.75 miles
- Elevation Gain: 400'
- Elevation Loss: 80'
- Highest Elevation: 6,550'
- Lowest Elevation: 6,200'
- Location: Between the Green Mountain Trail and Brush Corral Trail in the Santa Catalina Mountains north of Tucson, AZ.
- Start/End: Signed junction with the Green Mountain Trail - 1.5 miles from the Upper Green Mountain Trailhead
- Dogs: Yes
- Bikes: Yes
The mileages and elevations below are approximate (don't expect the values below to match your GPS exactly).
- 0.0 miles, 6550′: Start at the signed junction with the Green Mountain Trail (approximately 2.8 miles up the trail from the Lower Green Mountain Trailhead, 1.5 miles down the trail from the Upper Green Mountain Trailhead) [Waypoint J GM BCS]
- Follow the trail downhill – after working steeply downhill the trail crosses several washes and has a more gentle grade to the junction with the Upper Brush Corral Trail. There are several spots where the trail becomes indistinct – but with some care you should be able to find the trail without too much effort.
- 0.75 miles, 6200′: Junction with the Upper Brush Corral Trail [Waypoint J BC BCS]. One possibility from here is to take the Upper Brush Corral Trail back to the Green Mountain Trail to make a loop.
- (Printed Map) Green Trails - Recreation Map - Santa Catalina Mountains.
- (Printed Map) Southern Arizona Hiking Club Maps
2017 July Upper Brush Corral and Brush Corral Shortcut Loop
2015 July Brush Corral Loop
2014 July Brush Corral Loop
2014 July Brush Corral Loop and Maverick Spring
- 2017/8/17 – Add HikeLemmon posts to resources
- 2017/8/10 – New Flickr sets added, slight description update, added links for the Upper Brush Corral Trail
- 2017/7/31 – Img Srcset update
- 2014/8/3 – Added page!