- Santa Catalina Mountains - Upper Highway Hikes
- Google Map Coordinates: 32.41173163 -110.70523605
- At This Trailhead: Incinerator Ridge Trail and Kellogg Trail, Knagge Trail, Arizona Trail Pusch Ridge Wilderness Bypass
- Nearby Trailheads and Parking: Up-mountain Incinerator Ridge Parking Area, Down-mountain Ridgeline Parking Pullout
Driving Time and Distance
- 1 hour and 5 minutes from Speedway and Campbell
- 33.5 miles from Speedway and Campbell
- Miles up Highway: 19.2 miles
- Side of the Highway: Up-mountain
- Vehicle Access: Most of the drive is Paved Roads/Passenger Car (Mountain Road - be careful of weather conditions!) - the last .4 miles to the Trailhead is on a dirt road that is often rough and slow but possible in most passenger cars (low clearance cars not recommended). Closed to motor vehicles in winter (December 15 to March 1 - dates subject to change depending on weather/conditions).
Fees and Services
- Fee: No
- Restrooms: No
- Water: No
- Incinerator Ridge Road is gated and closed to motor vehicles in the winter (December 15 to March 1 - dates subject to change depending on weather/conditions). The road is still open to non-motorized travel. In the winter there might be space to park near the gate (careful not to block the gate or road) but it may be easier to use the parking pullouts along the highway not far above the turn onto Incinerator Ridge Road. In winter consider accessing this area from the Bigelow Trailhead or San Pedro Vista.
- There are a number of campsites just off Incinerator Ridge Road that are free and receive frequent use.
- Drive East on Speedway (5.0 miles)
- Left on Wilmot and continue on Tanque Verde (4.3 miles)
- Left on Catalina Highway (23.7 miles)
- Right on Incinerator Ridge Road (0.4 miles) - in winter (December 15 to March 1 depending on the weather) this road is gated and closed to vehicle traffic (it remains open to travel on foot) - there might be room to park near the gate without blocking it, but it may be easier to use the parking pullouts just up the highway.
- The trail parking is located at the end of the road. The condition of the road varies but with some care is usually passable in a passenger car.
All Trailheads - Map
- 2017/8/6 – Img Srcset update, All Trailheads Map added