We watched clouds swirl across the mountain peaks in the AM before we started – but Pusch Peak was clear and it looked like a great place to watch the storm… It didn’t take long for the storm to catch us though, waves of precipitation rolled towards and over us, rain first – then hail – then snow, when we reached the peak it had been eaten by the clouds – too cold to linger we started back down.
The Santa Catalina Mountains had several days of winter storm – while the links below are now ‘old’ a number of them have interesting pictures – some showing the snow on the mountain!
- Heading to Mount Lemmon? Check hotline for road conditions – Tucson News Now
- Road to Mt. Lemmon reopened – Tucson News Now
- Snow closes Mt. Lemmon, freeze warning for Tues. night – TucsonSentinel.com
- Ice closes Catalina Hwy at base of Mt. Lemmon – Arizona Daily Star
- Snow reported on Mt. Lemmon, parts of Tucson – Arizona Daily Star
- Tucson weather: Valley rain, mountain snow – Arizona Daily Star.